Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Five Years OLD!!!

How can it be?
Five years ago!
After a very long night, morning, and afternoon.
You were placed in my arms.
I held you close, admiring your beauty, still uncertain about being a mom.  Uncertain about everything that had just happened in that delivery room.  As I held you, I wondered how I was ever going to take care of you.  I had very little experience with children let alone a new born babe.  All I could do was cry. I had done it.  I had given birth to a beautiful girl, now, my job was to take care of you. And as I sat there staring at you, with your daddy close by my side.... they whisked you away to the NICU. Those first few moments with you were shattered. And for the next five days, we held our breath. As they hooked you up to monitors, and placed an oxygen mask over your nose and mouth, we waited and watched as the nurses worked to get you to breath and to clear your lungs.  It was a very long five days, but we are so grateful for the NICU crew who worked day and night to bring you back to us, as good as new!
We are happily celebrating 5 years with this beautiful sweet girl today.
Happy Happy birthday!
 



We love your spunkiness. Its contagious...sometimes though it gets a bit out of hand! :) You love to be outside, your love for dogs has grow since we moved to Montana, and you love your siblings to pieces!  Thank you for your bright spot in our lives.


4 comments:

M. Miller said...

I remember her "birth" day very well! Happy Birthday Kalia!!

Frannie Mae said...

Happy Birthday KaliaπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Pamella said...

Oh so bittersweet, we love watching them grow and learn, but on the other hand, wish they wouldn't grow up SO FAST! You've got a good start little one, be strong and couragous as each day comes and goes. We love you so much!

Elizabeth said...

So fortunate to have this spunky little girl in our lives!