Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Just for the fun of it.

I had to have one last trip before I became bound to the house and within driving distance of the hospital. One last trip before the baby is born.
So...my mother in law, the kids, and I took off for Seattle.
I wanted to visit my friends, I wanted Kalia to visit her friends (whom she talks about constantly) and most of all,
spend some quality time at the mall.  Something I don't get to do anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~
First stop: Post Falls, ID for the night.
I captured this beautiful picture of the river the next morning. That tiny orange/red speck is a man in a boat fishing.  But, my camera couldn't zoom in any further.

 Then, we were Seattle bound.
First thing we did when we arrived was take Kalia to the duck park.
We spent many hours at this park feeding the ducks and playing at the playground when we lived there.  And this was her one request, "Can we PLEASE go to the duck park?!!"
And this....is how happy and excited she was.
And Kinley had no problem showing his biggest smile either.
 Watching the ducks.
 It was a beautiful, hot, cloudless, sky and the kids just couldn't resist dipping their feet in.
 Which eventually led to a little more exploration...
 And then to total submersion!
Well, almost. He didn't get his head wet.  But, I did have two soaking wet kids when we were done. I guess that is what I get when I took them unprepared (no swimming suits).
 This little guy kept them happy as they watched him crawl around.
 The next day we met up with several of our friends and their little ones.
Look at all those strollers!
 It was fun to see everyone.


 This friend is due in December, and she was trying her hardest to stick her belly out.
 These three built a house out of sticks.
The rest of our days were spent shopping.  And we did not come home empty handed!  We literally shopped until we dropped.
Our time in Seattle was priceless! And we can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

Pamella said...

Awwww, precious time!

Elizabeth said...

'twas just flat out fun!