Thursday, July 24, 2014

Visiting Idaho

The kids and I spent 2 weeks in Idaho over the 4th and had an absolute wonderful time!
I had to share this picture of the little man one morning here in Montana before we left for our trip.  Here he is eating his breakfast while reading a farm magazine. I walked away and the next thing I know, he had pulled the magazine over and proceeded to digest each page. This is serious business!
The kids spent a lot of time with their cousins and have great memories of our time there.
Here we had a picnic in the park after an attempt to swim at the pool.
4th of July Parade
Missing our two girl cousins
Ready for that parade candy!
She was so excited about the candy that she pretty much forgot to watch the parade!
The fire truck captured their attention!
Kalia thought the siren was a bit too loud.
The Miller boys ready to ride.
Picnic, pool time, smores, fireworks....t'was a wonderful afternoon!
First sparkler for Jaxson
Mom and dad had an unbelievable crop of cherries this year.
So, the kids helped me pick them.

And...eat them!

Sweet siblings!
We spent a little time on the boat with my family.  There is nothing more refreshing that enjoying a scorching hot day on the river!!
We docked out in the middle of the river and ate dinner one night.
Kalia broke out of her shell and wanted to play in the water and ride on the tube/raft.  There was no holding her back.  Kinley....still wasn't sure of the whole boating thing.
Daddy helped Kinley onto the raft/tube but....he wouldn't have it!
So, back to eating Cheetos on the dock.
A very happy girl!
Daddy helping Kinley see.
Kalia is ALL SMILES on the left of the raft.  Next to her is Sidney holding Kenzi, and then Weston.
I love this picture.  Here Kalia is sitting with her cousins just chatting away while we waited to get the boat situated!
And at last, a sunset picture from Idaho. I have always loved listening to the sprinklers in the still of the evening and I can hear them clanking away in this picture.  A perfect memory of our time in Idaho.

3 comments:

Jed said...

I am going to have to skype a lot while I am gone! The kids are growing up FAST!!!

Elizabeth said...

Ah, such fun days!

Pamella said...

Love the little farmer reading his machinery magazine! It was so special having you here to enjoy the 4th of July with us. Come back again SOON! Thinking of all of you as you prepare for Gma Lila's funeral. Lots of love and hugs. Mom and Dad