As I laid Kalia down this morning my thoughts went to my mother and father. My dad has always been good with his hands, whether it be painting a picture, drawing, building , or fixing something. One particular piece of work has been used and greatly appreciated by several members of our family. My dad built this cradle when my oldest brother was born and it has been passed down to siblings, cousins, and friends. I feel somewhat honored to have it be a piece of furniture in our home. Knowing that my brothers and I slept in it as newborns, and now I get to share it with my own daughter.
~
My mother is a wonderful seamstress. A couple months ago she took me to a fabric store and we picked out some cute fabric for the cradle. She spent many hours cutting and sewing crib sheets and a bumper. Customised just for Kalia.
These are just some of the name plates of the babies that have used this cradle. There are several more who have had the privilege of using this, but time gets the best of us and the plates just haven't been made.


5 comments:
wow! what a treasure indeed! love the name plates especially...
this is wonderful suzanne! My dad also made a cradle when I was born.
Suzanne, loved your post! and yes besides being precious that cradle is soooo cute with the liner/ ruffles and all :)
Thanks for posting these pics Sus. I'm going to try and get all the names and birthdays together for all of the other babies that have used the cradle and get the name plates made. It is SO far behind. I can think of at least 5 that we don't have on there, maybe more. Enjoy it, they grow out of it fast.
Wow, that is so beautiful! I'm so lucky to have gotten to use it! :) The pictures you have of Shane changing her diaper made me laugh out loud... So Funny!! She is so beautiful!! Thinking of you all!
Post a Comment