Monday, July 26, 2010

When last minute decisions,

make SWEET memories.
~
Since we weren't able to spend our second anniversary together and we both had a free weekend, we figured we would get away for some 'just us' time. (Since, that won't exist after September.) So... we booked a quick, one night trip to Victoria, BC. It was perfect! The weather was beautiful and I got to spend precious time with my honey!
~
Disembarking the Victoria Clipper

I have always wanted to go to the Butchart Gardens, and I finally made it here.

Shane peaking through a hanging basket.

The Sunken Garden. This was an old limestone quarry that Mrs. Butchart filled in with plants when the mining was finished.

This is for Mom:

This is the rose garden. Roses lined the edge of the circle and extended far beyond this garden! I have never seen so many roses in my LIFE!!After seeing the gardens we toured the Craigdarroch Castle. Really, it was just a wealthy man's home built in 1890. We enjoyed watching the boats come and go as well as the people!Saturday evening we just walked around and enjoyed the evening market complete with entertainers and musicians! This guys was good though. We sat on the pier and listened to him for quit a while! One entertaining juggler!This picture is for my grandpa and grandma! Yes, this is a Belgian waffle. Bought from a street/market vendor! I haven't had one of these since I was 13 when I went to Europe with my grandparents! I savored every bite of that waffle while it brought back so many wonderful memories!!! I still can't believe I got to eat one. I think it made my whole trip! Ha- just kidding. But seriously, it was so good! There is nothing else like sugar chunks in your waffle! (you can see the little white sugar chunk on the left side of the waffle) Ok, that's all for now. I'm not excited or anything.The beautiful Empress Hotel built in 1904. It is one of the main attractions and places to stay in Victoria!Well....This must be Canada's way of saying "Fun stops here"!Yup, my honey and my belly in front of the Parliament building! MMM... sure am looking pregnant!!!What I sacrificed for all this fun.... SWOLLEN FEET!! Walking for 2 days in the heat does not make my feet modeling worthy!!!!!

BUT...

It was well worth the puffy feet!

1 comment:

Ash Malone said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend!! =) We've taken the clipper up there --- such a beautiful ride & trip!! Hope you're both doing well and looking forward to bub #1 =) Very exciting!!!