It was a whirl of a weekend, but there was no lack of entertainment! We left Tues. evening after work on Amtrak's Empire Builder # 8 for Wolfpoint, MT. 24 hours later, we arrived at the Kleppen's farm. It was so nice to be back again, since our time there this summer was so short!
A view of the train near the end of Glacier National Park.
Anya and Jed folding napkins for the big feast!

I had to laugh when I looked out the window and saw this (just before we sat down to eat)! It seems like the animals know when something is going on and they just have to cause trouble!!!! It never failed at home during the holidays or a big event, the cows ALWAYS got out! I guess it doesn't just happen on our farm, but at the Kleppen's as well!!

On friday afternoon instead of joining the rest of America in the biggest shopping day of the year, we headed north across the border to Regina, Saskatuwan. Every year they have a huge Agribition show followed by a rodeo.
Here's Jed giving Shane a little speech on the finer points of the wheat-belt industry.
A few shots from the rodeo.
This guy had trained these horsed to follow his lead without a bridal or reigns. All he used was a whip. Quite amazing!


And last, the family picture (minus Lane, Mom, and Dad). L-R...Me, Shane, Kara, Andrew Growtti (visiting friend) in Front... Jed, Anya, and Trent!

I love this picture that I snapped on our trip back to Seattle. I think it defines eastern Montana very well. A small homestead in the middle of a flat field surrounded by the never ending blue sky!

We are so thankful for the times we get to spend with our families and the memories made each time!
1 comment:
Hi, Suzie-Q (that's from Ryan). Came across your blog. Hope all is well. We've moved back to Boise and loving it! We're at
bkrepondering.blogspot.com
Drop in sometime...please tell your mom hi from us.
-Katie
Post a Comment