Thursday, October 17, 2013

Idaho (Part II)

We spent a couple of days just exploring the farm. Having grown up on a farm, I want my children to experience the textures, the dirt, the equipment, and just simply being outdoors, just like I did.  So, we explored, and played, and they had a blast!
Higher mommy! One more big push on the swing (with her dog Charlie) and she feels like she can touch the sky!
"Slides were made for going up, right mom?"
Woops! Nice try buddy!
Kalia asked my today if we could get a "real live dog, just like Grandpa's dog? Because my stuffed dog Charlie is just dead!"
Little cowboy out checking the cows!
And....Telling them what to do and where to go!
Onto the potato field. 
It had already been harvested but Kalia found a potato for Kinley and she is telling him all about it.
And then he tries to take a bite.  Hmm... Maybe not.
I know this picture is a bit awkward and blurry, but I had to laugh because I forget sometimes that he is still a little guy.  Here he is trying to walk over a potato furrow but he got high centered and couldn't move either way. He was stuck with his legs spread apart!
Wow! That's a big pivote wheel! Or just little tikes!
In the alfalfa field we picked up some hay to feed to the cows. 
 
The kids also got to ride in a tractor.  Which Kalia talks about just about every day!
Lynae let Kalia sit in her lap and steer the tractor.
When we got to the end of our ride, Kalia wanted to go one more time and buckle up in the seat this time.  So, I got her some snacks and they took off.
I'm pretty sure she talked Lynae's ear off.
There's nothing more fun than exploring and riding in a BIG GREEN TRACTOR!

1 comment:

Pamella said...

Fun on the Farm! A great place for kids! Love the cowboy checking out the cows too. We loved having you all here, come back real soon.