Friday, March 9, 2012

Cherishing

As I watch the pregnancy ticker count down the days to the arrival of our second child, and my doctor appointments become biweekly, I am increasingly aware of the limited time I have with my "baby" before she comes an older sibling! I am doing everything I can to soak up and cherish the moments we have together. Its not that these moments won't be cherished after the baby comes, its just that we get to love her uninterrupted for a little while longer and I want to hold on to those days.
~
I want to cherish...
*The moment when I walk into pick her up out of her crib she searches frantically for her stuffed animals and raises them up for me to give a hug or kiss to.
*The moments when she just randomly runs up and gives you a hug.
*The moments when I find her setting her big eyed monkey in random places, then stepping back to take a look at where she placed it.
*Her sweet dance moves and head bobs whenever she hears music.
*Her mad dash for the door when daddy walks in!
*Her calmness and gentle kisses when she knows its bed time.
*Her love for every stuffed animal she comes in contact with.
*The moment when she knows its her time to shine when we skype grandpa and grandma and she runs to find something to show them, and then dances for them.
*When we are in mid conversation and we say an animal, she is right there saying the noise for that animal. You never know when they are listening!
*Spending time with daddy, just the two of them.*Finding animals in odd places

*Spending time coloring
*and reading her favorite books, over and over!
These moments are precious and will pass when we can't give her our undivided attention. In a way this saddens me, but we know that she will (EVENTUALLY) love having a play mate! So, for now, we are cherishing our moments with our sweet little Kalia!
~
"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them."
~Richard L. Evans

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah yes we want them to grow up appropriately but it is often with tears on the parents part. Precious times tho.

Pamella said...

Precious memories! It's sweet that she is so loving, I suspect that she will love her little brother too.

Cassie said...

It is definitely bittersweet entering parenthood of multiple children, HOWEVER, I find the most heartwarming thing I have experienced (besides my own heart growing even bigger) was watching the love between my children grow immediately and easily.

amydee said...

You will love watching Kalia take on the role of big sis.