Thursday, February 9, 2012

Home.

There is no place like it!
~
We are in the process of getting SHINY NEW DOUBLE PANE WINDOWS, replacing siding that has seen better days, and re-framing our entryway door and sidelight. So, needless to say, it is a mess and its loud!
SO....

I spent a week and a half away from the noise of air compressors, hammers, nail guns, and sawdust...at home in SUNNY southern Idaho!
And I came back too early, because now I'm sitting here trying to think and all I hear is banging in my head! :)
But, don't get me wrong, I am SOOOO EXCITED for the upgrades!
I will post pictures when it's finished.
~
Here are a few pictures of my VERY relaxing and very wonderful time at home!
Gorgeous view of the mountains as I drove into town.Mom got a new game for the kids, so here they are in their masks and ready to play!
Yikes, they look a little scary to me! L-R Korbin, Kamea, Mom, and Westin.Kalia thought standing up on the tractor was the best thing ever! She did not want to get down and kept running back to it whenever we tried to walk away!Checking out the wheels!
My little pink John Deer girl.From behind windows, or cradled in your arms, Kalia LOVES dogs. But, as soon as you set her down next to the dog, the tears start flowing. So, this day I tried to get her to be a little more comfortable around mom and dads dog. Kalia loved to follow her but if she ever turned around Kalia would make a B-line back to me!
Someday...she'll pet a dog!
This picture is too cute though... Walking beside her, but keeping her distance!And well... I suppose she doesn't just have a hard time with dogs, but also with her own grandparents. This was taken on day 5. Dad FINALLY got to hold her!
Mom's still waiting her turn!One evening mom helped Korbin make cupcakes. Here they are separate the eggs....and pouring the batter into the cups.
Oops, I forgot to get the finished product. He was successful, because they were truly scrumptious!Also, mom dug out my brothers tee-pee that my aunt made them and set it up for the kids to play in. Kalia had plenty of fun just walking in and out!
Special time with cousin Kamea learning how to toss a ball back and forth.
And one last shot with Grandma at the airport before we had to leave.As has been said before "There is no place like home!"
It was just a wonderful trip and so fun to be with my family for some unstructured relaxing time!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fun pictures---so glad you got to be home for a bit. Love the close up one by the tractor, and the dog one is priceless too!!!

{k} said...

aw, looks like you had another fabulous trip home. there's no place like it, I agree!

Sandra Ramey said...

Looks like gangs of gramma fun!