Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Longing for color in the sky!

As I rocked Kalia back to sleep at 5:00 this morning, I wondered to myself, "what kind of a reward do I get for being up this early, besides this beautiful little bundle in my arms?" (having been up since somewhere in the 3 o'clock hour)
Then I got to thinking about the sunrise and why I have NEVER seen a sunrise in Seattle. It is always grey and gloomy when the sun comes up, never any color in the sky. And then I started longing for that color, that color that marks the beginning of a new day, that color of a fresh new start. Having sunrises and sunsets as a part of my daily life growing up, it's hard for me to know the real start and end to the day. Now that it's a rarity for me, I find myself photographing the sky any chance I get. In hopes that I would be able to capture that color and store it in my memory for those mornings and evenings when I need a splash of color!

This is a picture of my friend Nicole and I admiring the sunset. Something I wish I could be doing this evening. But... chances are, there won't be one. So... I'll have to pull out a picture!!

2 comments:

KatieB said...

Gorgeous photos!

I can empathize with you...back when we lived in Portland and would come home for a visit, I found myself photographing sunsets every night at Mom and Dad's. We rarely saw them in Portland...either because it was cloudy or because there were too many trees blocking the view.

Pamella said...

Oh Suz, beautiful pictures! When I moved to Bozeman the sunsets were what I missed the most too. Guess we are fortunate to know what a beautiful sunset is. Thanks for sharing your pictures.