Monday, April 19, 2010

Because I was born a country girl...

....I can't help but yearn for it when I'm away from it! You've heard it before, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can never take the country out of a girl!
~
I've been thinking about home lately and the hard work that is being done to sew seeds in preparation for a bountiful harvest. I cherish my growing up years and the time spent outdoors. When the weather starts getting nice, that part of the country girl in me, wants to be outside getting dirty and enjoying the smell of freshly worked soil!
These are just a few pictures of what being a country girl means to me...
~
~
Our swimming pool, and diving board. The snake river and an old bridge on a scorching summer day.
Men, tending to the crops.Going for an early morning run on a gravel road where you might meet one car.Baking cookies with my dear mom.Going for a ride.Feeling the chaff and dust make its home on your clothes, skin, and hair! And the refreshing feel of a shower at the end of the day!Bon fires with the family!!Old classic pickups. (That don't run)Time with Dad!! A girl's gotta know how to drive a truck!!Entertaining the little ones and simply feeling the power between your legs!Ahhh.... the smell of harvest!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

I will forever be a country girl at heart, even if I have to live in the city. I hope that someday I can share the same experiences with my own children! In the mean time, I will enjoy my time in the city and have day dreams about living in the country. I think that will do, as long as i get to go home every once in a while!

3 comments:

Shanda and Loren said...

love it suzy-q!! miss you!! i think the country girl needs a cali visit!!

Shane & Suzanne Kleppen said...

I was just thinking of you guys and our memories of Pismo Beach! Yes, I agree!! I need a trip to Cali!! Hope to see you soon!

Elizabeth said...

Love you my country girl!!