Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Omak, WA

We found ourselves in Omak,Wa this past weekend to pay a visit to my old roommate and best friend, Nicole Draggoo. Her and her husband Jeremy, have just moved onto a little animal farm. It was fun to watch all the different animals, since all we had growing up were cows, horses, and dogs.
~
Beautiful view of the mountains from their house.Nicole holding a chick.The turkeys were absolutely hilarious! Every time you laughed they would gobble back!Kamea enjoyed petting the goats!My city friend has gone country!The boys, (Shane and Jeremy) hanging on the fence like old farmers. Discussing the crops, the weather and us crazy girls making the turkeys gobble!
We picked fresh peaches!Relaxed!Went up to Canada and played miniature golf!On our way home we saw a herd of about 50 mountain sheep! They are such amazing animals!I like this picture with the rock wall in the back ground and a few sheep showing their backside.Sunday, Jeremy took us on a tour of Chief Joseph Dam where he works as an electrician. Shane and Ryan rather enjoyed the tour!Our parting shot at the dam! That pipe is full of water! Scary huh?Nicole and JeremyThanks to these two for a weekend full of fun and fellowship!

5 comments:

The Miller's said...

Such a fun weekend! Comments on the photos; I love how tightly Kamea dug her fingers into the poor goats nose, you seemed to forget to post one of the goat pictures!, and I love the nerdy badges hanging on our clothes in the group shot. Heh! Looking forward to another road tripping trip with you!

AmyB said...

How fun! Nicole looks like a natural at the country life!

Unknown said...

Love the Huskies sweat shirt.

Nettie said...

Suzanne...just found your blog. I was excited to find it because Malia never posts pictures of all the fun things you guys do in Seattle!You take beautiful very beautiful pictures by the way...hope you don't mind me dropping by and looking in on your blog!

Shane & Suzanne Kleppen said...

Nettie, and everyone else who commented....
No, I don't mind at all. I check in on your blog from time to time too. We try to entertain ourselves out here, usually by getting out of town. In fact we are leaving in a few hours for home (Idaho). I'll post about our good times on the farm this weekend! Ta-ta