Saturday, May 2, 2009

Missing Home

Since we got married last summer, I've only been able to go back home twice. Once right after we got home from our honeymoon to move my belongings to Seattle, and then for a quick weekend over Valentine's day. So... I've just been reminiscing about my childhood, and the place I call home.
~
These are just a few pictures that remind me of the wonderful place where I grew up. I am continually grateful for the privilege of being raised on a farm and all the valuable lessons I have gained from my experiences.
~
~Beautiful Sunsets.
Something I don't get to see here in Seattle.Working hard.
Nothing shows a hard day of work like the dirt under your nails.(unless you're wearing gloves!)
The beauty of nature.
Enjoying the wildflowers at Lake Cleveland The Machinery.
My dad teaching me how to drive a truck
Amber waves of grain.
Playing in the grain.
Nothing compares to the feeling of grain underneath your feet! Here I am with my nephew Korbin and sister in law Julie.Potato harvest.
I love and miss the smell of harvest!Wake boarding on the Snake River.
My brothers and I would sneak out in the evenings for a quick run after a hard day of work. It was the best time to go. The wind would always die down in the evenings and everyone had gone home for the evening... we had the river to ourselves.

~

I'm looking forward to my next trip home so I get to spend time in this beautiful place I call home. I will always treasure the times I get to spend in the crisp country air!

2 comments:

KatieB said...

There's nothing like home...
Beautiful photos!

Pamella said...

Great pictures Suz, brings back lots of memories. Nice to talk to you and Shane today.